Google+ Nine Red: Spotlight: Vinyl Designs

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Spotlight: Vinyl Designs

Lately I've been thinking more and more how I'd like to get my hands on some vinyl cut designs to incorporate some reverse stencil images.  Essentially you lay a gorgeous vinyl sticker down, paint, and remove.  The look is amazing, but I don't have an vinyl cutter (yet!).  So after some googlin' I found these beauties:

It should have been NO surprise at all, that we've seen this couples gorgeous work before.  Remember the swirly kitchen wall I featured once before?  Bingo! The talented couple from Sawdust & Embryos have a ton of great works & ideas, and they link up to their "Vinyl Dealer" Dana, too.  The grey cubes on the bottom right are fantastic. I can't wait to get in touch with her to order some!


They also do quite a few tutorials for those who want to give it a go themselves.  Don't worry, if you're not the DIY type -they DO sell their furniture as well. You can see the tutorial for the next photo here.
That one really caught my eye, as you know mixing wood grain & paint is a huge favorite of mine.  So I'll let you know what I hear when I get in touch with Dana, hopefully she can be my vinyl dealer too! Have a fantastic day!

We should stay in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Email.

Post a Comment

2 comments:

  1. Just an FYI, Staples prints vinyl too.. very inexpensive which is nice if you are just going to peal it up and throw it away. Also, I use contact paper in my machine when I reverse paint.. just a thought! If you are interested I wrote a post on some glass plates I reverse painted! Have fun! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I had no idea staples did that, but that's RIGHT they have all those printers there. Thanks! I'll check it out! You use contact paper in your machine? Do you have a cricut? I don't........yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic